A savoury, everything bagel flavoured breakfast muffin that pairs perfectly with your favourite vegan cream cheese. Vegan, gluten-free, oil free, healthy and much easier to make than a real bagel!
- 1 cup oat flour + 1/2 cup quinoa flour (or use all oat)
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning*
- 1/3 cup plant milk (more as needed)
- 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce (you won’t taste the sweetness, don’t worry!)
- additional everything bagel seasoning to top
- vegan cream cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add apple cider vinegar to plant milk and let sit while you prep dry ingredients.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
- Add wet ingredients and mix with a spatula until smooth but try not to over mix. Texture should resemble a thick cake batter. If needed, add more non-dairy milk.
- Spoon batter into muffin liner cups, leaving about a centimeter of space at the top of the cup.
- Sprinkle additional everything bagel seasoning on top.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Serve with vegan cream cheese and additional seasoning to top. Enjoy!
* To make homemade everything bagel seasoning, combine: 1 tbsp poppy seeds, 2 tsp dried onion flakes, 2 tsp dried garlic flakes, 2 tsp white sesame seeds, 2 tsp black sesame seeds, 1/2 tsp salt
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, oil free, breakfast, healthy breakfast, healthy baking, muffins, bagels