A healthier, protein packed “snickers” truffle, with sneaky greens and nutrient dense ingredients to satisfy your sweet tooth. Vegan, gluten free, oil free, refined sugar free and easy to make.
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Peanut Butter Superfood Protein Powder*
- 7–8 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds or other neutral nut of choice (rolled oats will also work)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- extra crushed peanuts to top
- 1–2 tsp plant milk (if needed)
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate (I usually use this chocolate for oil free option, or this chocolate for a sugar free option)
- Place peanuts, almonds and salt into food processor and pulse until slightly broken down (not toooo much, but I find this just makes it a little easier on your processor before adding in the dates!)
- Add dates, vanilla, protein powder and pulse until a dough begins to form. Sizes of dates can vary, so if you find your mixture a little on the dry side, go ahead and throw in another date, or add plant milk by the tsp just to help it out. The dough should pull away from the sides and stick together when crushed between the fingers.
- Roll mixture into small balls, and place in fridge to set on a parchment lined plate or baking sheet while you prepare your chocolate.
- Melt down your chocolate (I like to use the bain marie method, but you can also microwave)
- Remove balls from fridge and using a fork, dip and coat in chocolate, making sure to evenly coat. Let excess drip off and place back on parchment to set.
- Sprinkle with crushed peanuts for garnish and return to fridge until set (should take about 10-15 minutes–use the freezer if you’re an eager beaver).
*to substitute, use 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter, 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder, and omit the peanuts. Add additional coconut flour, rolled oats or almonds as needed to firm up texture. You will have to play around with the texture a little bit to get it right.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Method: blending
Keywords: vegan protein, high protein, snickers, healthy baking, healthy dessert, peanut butter, vegan, gluten free, oil free, refined sugar free