A delicious, quick and easy salad recipe full of crunch. Packed with vibrant veggies and a creamy peanut sauce, this is a perfect light meal or starter salad that comes together with little effort. Vegan, gluten-free, oil free and easily made raw.
- 4 oz of kelp noodles, or noodles of your choosing
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 large collard leaves, stemmed and chiffonaded (sliced very thinly), or green of your liking
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 small watermelon radish, thinly sliced (I used a radish about the size of a ping pong ball)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2–3 heaping tablespoons of 5 Minute Healthy Peanut Sauce, more as desired
- 1/3 package of tempeh, grilled or cooked as desired
- sprinkle of black and white sesame seeds
- sprinkle of extra chili flakes
- sprinkle of crushed peanuts
- Begin my preparing your kelp noodles. Drain and rinse, and either consume raw or if you prefer them softer, you can soften by allowing to soak in hot water while you prep your veg, or blanching them for a few minutes. I recommend cutting into shorter strands as well, making the salad easier to eat.
- In a large bowl, toss all of your veggies (except radish and avocado) plus the kelp noodles in peanut sauce. Using your hands works best and will help to massage the dressing into your veggies. Add more as desired.
- Plate the salad and garnish with radish and avocado. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, chili flakes and crushed peanuts if using. Serve with tempeh or plant protein of choice.
This recipe is best served chilled.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: salad
Keywords: raw vegan, peanut sauce, tempeh, kelp noodles, asian salad, main dishes, healthy vegan