A healthy breakfast jar that tastes like dessert. This Overnight Strawberry Shortcake Jar is packed with plant protein, healthy fats and nutrient dense ingredients but requires zero cooking. Meal prep friendly, vegan, gluten free, oil free, refined sugar free and delicious.
- 1/3 cup gluten free rolled oats (sub unsweetened coconut shreds or hemp hearts for keto)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut shreds
- 2–3 tbsp dried goji berries
- 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberry pieces
- 1/2 cup plant milk of choice (I used cashew, but coconut works well too)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1–2 tsp sweetener of choice, to taste (maple syrup, date syrup, monkfruit etc.)
- handful of chopped strawberries
- chopped almonds
- toasted coconut
- coconut butter
- more fresh strawberries to top
- In a mason jar, combine oats (or substitute), chia seeds, flax seeds, coconut shreds, goji berries and freeze dried strawberry pieces. Give the jar a shake to combine all ingredients.
- Add plant milk, filtered water, coconut yogurt, vanilla extract and sweetener if using and stir quickly with a fork, making sure not to leave any clumps at the bottom of the jar.
- Cover jar and give it a good shake. Add fresh strawberries on top and allow to sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight.
- When serving, feel free to add additional plant milk as desired, sweetener, and toppings of choice.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Category: breakfast
- Method: soaking
Keywords: overnight oats, meal prep, vegan, breakfast, oatmeal, strawberry shortcake, dessert for breakfast, strawberry, vegan keto, gluten free, high protein