A different take on a chocolate covered strawberry. Makes for a beautiful gift, or a perfect snack to store in the fridge/freezer when you’re craving a quick bite of something sweet. Dairy free, vegan and gluten free with oil free option.
- ½ cup vegan white chocolate chips/chunks* see notes for oil free options
- 1–2 tsp matcha powder
- ½ tsp coconut oil (optional, but recommended)
- 9 strawberries
- sprinkles or black and white sesame seeds for garnish
- Wash and pat dry your strawberries.
- Using the double boiler or bain-marie method, melt your vegan white chocolate with your coconut oil. You can also use a microwave.
- Add your matcha powder, and stir to combine until smooth.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and dip strawberries into chocolate to coat. Before it dries, top with sesame seeds or sprinkles.
- Allow to cool completely before enjoying.
You can also make an oil free, vegan white chocolate using this recipe, which I usually follow myself OR alternatively, use an oil free regular vegan chocolate (non white).
For a slightly different and more whole food plant based option, use a vegan yogurt (unsweetened, no added sugar) and mix with matcha. Coat the strawberries and freeze until firm. Yum!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
Keywords: matcha, white chocolate, vegan chocolate, gluten free, oil free, valentine's day