A single serve chocolate chip cookie to satisfy a cookie craving (no leftovers required!). You can bake this into a large chocolate chip cookie or bake it in a ramekin to get a gooey-er result. Made with no oil, no gluten, no dairy and no animal products 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350F while you prepare batter.
- Prepare flax egg by combining flax and water and allowing to sit until thickened.
- In a bowl, combine maple syrup, nut butter and vanilla extract.
- Sift in oat flour, beet powder, baking powder and salt.
- Stir to combine until a dough forms. Dough should stick together, and be pliable. If it feels too wet, feel free to add an additional sprinkle of oat flour. If it feels too dry, you can add a teaspoon of non-dairy milk.
- Fold in chocolate chips and form one large cookie shape. It won’t expand too much, so make it round and flat (about ¼ or ½ an inch thick if you prefer it chewier).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. I recommend “underbaking” slightly, as it will firm up once cooled and result in a chewier texture. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before eating.
- Alternatively, you can bake in a small ramekin and serve with a spoon to enjoy as a gooey cookie pot.
*beet powder optional for a slight pink colour.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: baked goods, dessert
- Method: baking
Keywords: baking, chocolate chip cookie, oil free, single serve, gluten free, vegan, healthy