An easy, healthy snack bar made with whole food plant based ingredients. This Vanilla Cashew Quinoa Bar is a great alternative to rice krispy treats, with nourishing ingredients that will keep you full and satisfied. One bowl, 5 ingredients and no baking required.
- 2 cups puffed quinoa (crisp works best!)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or use date paste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean or vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- melted chocolate to top
- chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients at room temperature in a bowl (with the exception of puffed quinoa). Mix together until smooth and evenly incorporated. At this point, taste the mixture and make sure it’s sweet enough for you! If you like things extra sweet, now’s the time to add on, or throw in any additional spices.
- Add in puffed quinoa by the cup and using a spatula, make sure quinoa is coated evenly. The mixture should begin to stick together when packed.
- Line a square baking tray (I used this 8×8 inch one) with parchment paper, or lightly grease and transfer mixture into tray.
- Cover with parchment paper, and using a spatula, press down to flatten. Don’t press too firmly as you might crush the puffed quinoa, but make sure it’s packed down enough so that the mixture will stick once chilled.
- Place in fridge to set for at least 30 minutes. I recommend an hour for best results.
- Once chilled, remove from fridge and slice into bars. At this point you can drizzle melted chocolate on top and add toppings, then return to fridge until firm. Enjoy!