An easy, fresh and light poke bowl recipe made with avocado and tofu. Vegan, gluten free, and packed with vibrant plants.
- 1 avocado
- 6–8 oz tofu cubed (roughly 1/3 of a package of tofu) prepared your favourite way or simply toasted with sesame oil + tamari
- 1 cup seaweed salad
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 sheet or plain nori
- 2 teaspoons white & black sesame seeds
- 2 mini cucumbers
- 2–3 cups of mixed salad greens
- additional tamari, soy sauce or gluten-free alternative
- red chili flakes
- 1 cup brown rice
- japanese 7 spice (shichimi togarashi)
- Begin by preparing your tofu by cubing it into 1-2 inch cubes. Pan fry or bake with 3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce equivalent, 1 tbsp water, 2 tsp toasted sesame oil, and 1 tsp rice vinegar or your favourite marinade. Sometimes, i’ll just add plain baked tofu cubed when I’m short on time.
- Divide ingredients between two bowls, starting with salad greens, diced mini cucumbers, edamame, seaweed salad, avocado cubed and finally tofu.
- Top with toasted black and white sesame seeds and shredded nori to top.
- If you want something a little heartier, toss in brown rice. For more flavour, use additional tamari or soy sauce, chili flakes or shichimi togarashi to top.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: salads, mains
- Method: pan frying
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: poke bowl, vegan, gluten free, healthy