A turmeric, cacao and cinnamon spiced caffeine free latte, perfect for those who don’t love the taste of turmeric, but love the health benefits!
- 3/4 cup nondairy milk of choice
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ceylon cinnamon
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medjool date (pitted)* OR tsp of maple syrup or other sweetener
- teeny tiny pinch of ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil. You can also heat your non-dairy milk, but I prefer combining cold non-dairy milk plus hot boiling water to reach the perfect, instantly drinkable temperature right off the bat. Also, it’s easier to clean the pot out when just boiling water.
- In a high speed blender, combine all the ingredients and blend on high until completely smooth. You should end up with a really smooth beverage with a nice foam on top.
- Give your latte a taste and add additional ingredients as needed. I recommend adding additional cacao, or sweetener if it still tastes strong and bitter to you.
- P.S. You can top with additional cacao, cinnamon or turmeric, but I really only added the turmeric on top for garnish for the photo. If you don’t like turmeric, I would not recommend sprinkling it on top.
If your medjool date isn’t super soft, soak it in water the night before, or in hot water to make it easier to blend.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 mins
- Category: drinks
- Method: blending
Keywords: turmeric, golden latte, hot chocolate, vegan, caffeine free, dairy free