A delicious peanut butter cookie with some extra crunch and texture. A perfect way to use up your leftover cornmeal and make a healthy, vegan and gluten free cookie.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees while you prepare the cookie batter.
- Combine all your dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk (oat flour, cornmeal, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt).
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until a dough forms. At this point, taste test your batter to make sure it’s sweet enough for your liking.
- Form 1-2 inch balls of dough and roll them up to place on a lined baking sheet. You can press down slightly as the cookies won’t spread too much.
- Bake for about 9 minutes or so for optimal chewy texture. Let them cool, off the heat and they will firm up a bit more on their own.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: dessert, baking
- Method: baking
Keywords: cookies, cornmeal cookie, cornmeal, leftover recipe, vegan coookie, peanut butter, vegan, gluten free