This warm salad of roasted potatoes and lentils is a great healthy recipe for the colder months, or served chilled. Enjoy as a side dish, or a main dish! Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and refined sugar free.
- 3 cups of mini/fingerling potatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder (omit if you don’t like spice)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup of cooked black lentils*
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- water to thin
other recommended add-ins
- chopped red onion
- pesto sauce
- fresh herbs
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prep potatoes, and toss in mixture of paprika, garlic powder, cayenne powder, nutritional yeast and curry powder until evenly coated. If mixture is not sticking, feel free to add a splash of lemon juice or oil.
- Place on a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper lined tray and roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Cooking time will depend on how large your potato pieces are. They are ready when golden and cooked through.
- Once potatoes are cooked, toss in black lentils. If you’d like to dress, whisk together lemon juice, tahini and water until desired consistency is reached, then toss potatoes and lentils in dressing. Alternatively, you can use this caesar dressing to coat!
*I recommend cooking your lentils in veggie broth for additional flavour. If you’re cooking from dry, prep 1/2 cup dry lentils + 1 cup veggie broth until cooked. Otherwise, feel free to use pre-cooked lentils. I highly recommend using black lentils as the texture is better for this salad. Red split lentils will not hold up as well in a salad like this, and will result in a mushier texture.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Salad
- Method: Roasting
Keywords: roasted potato, lentils, warm salad, vegan salad, gluten free, vegan, oil free, whole food plant based, healthy salad, winter food