Easy chocolate chip cookies, made vegan, gluten-free and oil-free!
- Preheat your oven to 350F while you prepare your dough
- Make your flax egg by combining ground flax + water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken for about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together oat flour, almond flour, salt and baking powder and make sure there are no clumps. Alternatively you can sift the mixture to rid of any clumps.
- In another bowl, combine your almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and thickened flax egg, stirring to combine.
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms. The dough should be on the moist side, but pull away from the sides of the bowl. Add chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat and roll golf ball sized cookie dough balls and slightly press down. These cookies won’t spread too much when baking.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until tops are just barely golden brown, and remove from oven. Keep in mind they will continue to cook and firm up after you remove them from the oven, so don’t be afraid to “underbake” them. Since they’re oil-free, I recommend underbaking slightly.
* most chocolate chips do contain some amounts of oil–opt for cacao nibs or an oil-free chocolate chip to keep completely oil-free.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: baked goods
- Method: baking
Keywords: cookies, chocolate chip cookies, vegan cookies, vegan, gluten free, gluten free cookies, chocolate chip, healthy dessert, oil free vegan