A chocolate tahini cookie perfect for holiday baking, mildly sweet and packed with healthy fats. Vegan, gluten-free, oil free and refined sugar free.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine maple syrup, tahini and vanilla extract in a bowl. Whisk to combine until smooth.
- Sift in cacao powder, oat flour, baking powder and cinnamon if using and use a spatula to mix.
- Mix until a dough forms. It should be moist, not sticky, and easily rollable.
- Place dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll until about 1/4 inch thick and using a cookie cutter, cut into preferred shapes. Alternatively, you can roll out golf ball sized balls and press down into cookie shapes for a softer result.
- Bake for approximately 10 min, keeping in mind the cookies will firm up after baking. If you’d like a crisper cookie texture, you might want to add an additional 2 min or so.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
Keywords: chocolate cookie, tahini cookies, vegan cookies, vegan baking, oil free, healthy dessert, vegan, gluten free