A quick, one bowl peanut sauce recipe! It’s vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and full of flavour. Perfect to dip spring rolls in, cook tofu or tempeh with, or simply use as a dressing for salad or noodles.
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp water (more as needed)
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic (roasted) or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- optional sesame seeds, roasted peanuts to top
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and whisk until smooth and emulsified.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*I recommend using a peanut butter that contains only peanuts (no salt, no added sugar), as the maple syrup adds sweetness to this sauce, and the tamari adds saltiness.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Category: sauces, condiments
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: vegan peanut sauce, sauces, vegan, oil free vegan, gluten free vegan, healthy peanut sauce