A healthy, raspberry spiked twist on a classic muffin–lemon poppyseed. Made vegan, oil free, gluten free and refined sugar free.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour (or use all oat)
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package of raspberries
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl until combined
- Add wet ingredients and mix with a spatula until smooth. Add poppy seeds and lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Spoon batter into muffin liner cups, leaving about a centimeter of space at the top of the cup.
- Slice raspberries into halves or leave whole and place on top of the muffins generously.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan muffin, vegan, gluten free, lemon poppyseed, healthy muffin, gluten free vegan, oil free, healthy dessert