A hybrid between a cookie and a cake = a cakie. This moist, fall treat uses sweet potato instead of pumpkin and is vegan, gluten-free, oil free and refined sugar free. It comes together in one bowl and is so easy to make!
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup mashed steamed sweet potato (I used orange)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup*
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, combine sweet potato, maple syrup, cashew butter and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Next add flour, flax seeds, hemp seeds, cinnamon, baking, powder, nutmeg and mix to form dough.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, form balls of dough (about ping pong ball size), and place on a lined baking sheet, leaving at least 1 inch between each ball. You can press down slightly if you’d like! They won’t spread very much in the oven.
- Bake at 350 for about 12-15 minutes. When ready, they should release from the baking tray very easily and be slightly golden brown.
- Transfer to a cooling rack for 30 minutes or so and enjoy!
*The sweetness level of this recipe is more mild, feel free to add more maple syrup as you see fit. I’ve also tried with date syrup, brown rice syrup and yacon syrup which all worked as well. Molasses would also be a great option!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: sweet potato, chocolate chip, vegan, baking, healthy dessert, gluten free vegan, oil free, refined sugar free