A healthy, vegan cranberry jam perfect for Thanksgiving and holiday recipes. Refined sugar-free and incredibly easy.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook cranberries along with all other ingredients (except chia seeds) until the cranberries begin to burst (roughly 6-8 min).
- Using the back of a spoon or a potato masher, break the rest of the cranberries and remove from heat. Let cool.
- If you’d prefer your jam completely smooth, transfer cooled mixture to a food processor or blender and blend for about a minute until smooth. Otherwise, skip this step for some added texture. I personally like to leave a few cranberry chunks in mine.
- Taste the mixture and make sure you’re happy with the sweetness. Adjust as needed.
- Transfer mixture to a large mason jar and stir in your chia seeds. Set aside to thicken for a few hours or leave overnight to thicken in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Sauces, Sides
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Thanksgiving, vegan, gluten free, chia jam, refined sugar free, vegan thanksgiving