An oil-free roasted carrot dish. Sweet and savoury, great as a side and packed with flavour. Vegan, gluten free, oil free and refined sugar free.
- about 1 lb of carrots
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1–2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1–2 tsp warm water
- 1 tsp grated ginger (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne or paprika (optional)
- salt and pepper to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Slice your carrots vertically into halves or quarters (or chop as you’d like). I recommend cutting them slightly thinner and longer so they cook quickly and are coated more evenly.
- In a bowl, combine miso paste, maple syrup, cashew butter, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and paprika with warm water. Whisk vigorously until emulsified. You can also use a hand mixer or blend to do this more easily.
- Coat carrots evenly in the mixture and spread out on a lined baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven at 350F for about 20 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes. To check if they’re ready to eat, they should have a bit of a browning on them, and you should be able to poke through with a fork.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with salt and pepper if needed.
Using all ingredients at room temperature will make emulsifying the ingredients for the sauce much easier.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Japanese Fusion
Keywords: roasted vegetables, rainbow carrots, maple miso, vegan, vegetarian, oil free cooking