This coconut cookie dough ice cream has been a go to for me on warmer summer days. It’s light, but still indulges the sweet tooth with only whole, healthy plant ingredients, using a Coconut Cashew Pure Bar as the healthy cookie dough.
I’m sharing today’s recipe in partnership with Pure Organic, a brand with bars all made with whole ingredients that are all recognizable–you won’t find any hard to pronounce ingredients or chemicals in these bars, and you can count the number of ingredients on your fingers. By now you know that I’m pretty picky with ingredients in my food, and this is the kind of food I would make at home, but comes conveniently packaged and in 6 different flavours. The best part is they are not only vegan and gluten free, but also certified organic and Non-GMO project verified.
All you need for this recipe is a blender or food processor and it requires no other equipment. I recommend topping it with extra toasted coconut flakes for flavour and your favourite toppings. You can also enjoy this straight from the blender or frozen and scooped.
4 large frozen ripe bananas
1 can of full fat coconut milk, refrigerated (we’re just going to use the part at the top that separates itself once refrigerated) + 1/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 vanilla bean
1-2 medjool dates or 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup, coconut nectar etc.
pinch of salt
1 coconut cashew pure bar
– Chop frozen bananas into small pieces to make it easier on your blender or food processor. Add to machine along with the separated part of the coconut cream. Spoon this off of the top of your can after refrigerating overnight and add 1/4 cup of milk.
– Begin to pulse the mixture until it breaks down and avoid adding liquid to help it blend.
– Once smooth, add medjool dates or sweetener of choice, along with the vanilla bean (scraped) and salt and continue to blend until completely incorporated
– Warm the Pure Bars by holding them in your hands for a second, just to make sure they aren’t too firm. We’re going to use this to create our cookie dough chunks. Remove the bar from the wrapper and pull apart small chunks to add to the mixture. You want these to be smaller bite sized pieces. Stir with a spoon to combine.
– Transfer the mixture into a baking dish or a freezer safe container. Make sure the container has enough depth to scoop into. Alternatively, you can eat it right away!
– Allow to freeze for at least 2-3 hours, or ideally overnight before scooping to serve.
share this post:
BY Remy • June 23, 2018
leave a comment
read more —>
Hi there, I’m Remy! Welcome to Veggiekins Blog, home to nourishing vegan + gluten-free recipes and tips to live your best balanced and holistic life. I’m a human on a mission to empower you to be well and be kind to your mind, body and soul with the healing power of plants.
Some brands I’ve had the pleasure of working with…
My first e-book, Morning Light, is out now! You'll learn how to make the most of every morning, maximize your body's natural rhythms, improve your health and become more of a morning person. Plus, 15+ balanced breakfast recipes!