An easy, at home recipe for garlic beet hummus. This delicious and vibrant hummus is great to spread on toasts, use in sandwiches and wraps, and dip into with crackers or veg of choice. It’s healthy, vegan, oil free, gluten-free, grain free, nut free and easy to make.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, skins removed
- 1 small roasted or steamed beet (about the size of 1 and a half golf balls, more if you’d like a richer colour and flavour)
- 3–4 cloves garlic, raw or roasted
- 4–5 tablespoons tahini, more as desired
- iced water as needed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
optional, but recommended
- 2 tablespoons unsweetend non-dairy yogurt
- pinch of paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Add chickpeas and lemon juice to your food processor, and begin to purée until fairly smooth. Next add your beets and garlic and purée again until smooth.
- Next add tahini and non-dairy yogurt if using and you guessed it–purée again until completely smooth, this time giving your food processor 2-3 minutes to blend.
- If you’d like to adjust texture, you can add in cold water by the tablespoon, purée-ing every time you add to the mixture.
- Once you’re happy with the texture, add salt, purée to distribute, and any additional spices.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: sides
- Method: food processing
Keywords: beet, hummus, garlic, oil free, vegan, gluten free, nut free