A strawberry rose, caffeine free bubble tea. Sweet, floral, and a delightful shade of pink. Enjoy this better for you, homemade version!
- 1/2 cup dry tapioca pearls
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener such as maple syrup or coconut nectar (for the bubbles)
- 2 rose teabags or dried rose buds
- 3 cups vegan milk (I used Silk Oat Yeah oatmilk in the Plain flavour)
- 2/3 cups fresh or freeze dried strawberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- additional sweetener
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan and cook dry tapioca pearls on low heat for about 5-8 minutes, or according to package. Stir occasionally to avoid bubbles sticking together. Tapioca pearls are ready when they become a translucent black colour, and you can try one to make sure it’s cooked through.
- Once tapioca is cooked through, strain and set aside in a bowl with just enough water to cover. Add sweetener and allow to sit while you prepare your tea.
- To make rose milk tea, heat your milk and steep tea bags, allowing to sit until desired rosy-ness is achieved. Give it a taste, and when ready, transfer to a blender.
- Blend rose milk tea with strawberries (fresh or freeze dried) until completely smooth.
- To assemble, strain and divide bubbles between 2 glasses to serve, and pour strawberry rose milk tea on top. Add additional sweetener if desired.